CARE AND MAINTENANCE OF STONE TOPS
- Avoid exposing stone counters to strong chemicals such as oven cleaners, oil, paint removers, fruit juices or any other acidic liquid. If spills occur wash quickly with water.
- Do not use top as a cutting board to prevent scratches.
- Avoid dropping heavy or sharp objects on the counter to avoid chips and cracks.
- Do not put hot pots on bench.
- Do not stand or sit on bench tops.
- Do not lean heavily in front of sink and hot plate areas to avoid cracks.
- Do not drag or slide objects over bench to avoid scratches.
- Do not use oil base cleaners such as turps.
- Do not use vinegar or acidic substances to clean marble or limestone.
- Your stone top is easy to keep clean by using most common household cleaning products.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners or scour pads.
- Wipe the surface dry with a cloth after cleaning.
- Any non-alkaline cleaning products
- Mild household detergents including dishwashing liquid with warm water
- Non-abrasive household cleaner.
n.b. depending on the colour of natural stone used it is recommended to have your stone top sealed every 3-12 months.